Saturday 2 June 2018

Modeling Air Slide Hoppers - Part 2

My group of four air slides are seen here.
My fleet of air slides turned out pretty good I think. The captions tell the story...George Dutka

This air slide I picked up at a recent train show and believe it might be one of the older Walthers models. The lettering and billboard was already applied and some light weathering was completed. I did some additional weathering using Acrylic tube paints. The car is seen in the group of 4 air slides above before additional weathering was done
The Redpath air slide car is a E&B Valley kit that went together well. A rattle can spray job is followed by a custom made decal Peter gave me to try. The main decal sheet is very thick and unfortunately curled up when wet. I had a tough time getting the decal to lay down. I decided to heavily weather this side to hide the sins. The other side will get a different approach...more on that later.
This CN air slide was purchased as an undecorated kit. There are a lot of parts to this kit. I finished mine for my 1950's fleet.

No comments:

Post a Comment