Sunday 24 June 2018

Upper Vermont 1980 - Gord Taylor Photos

A CP-B&M pooled train Gord chased on May 17, 1980. The slide does not have any information other than the month and year but I am thinking this might be Newport, Vt. I had posted a couple of Gord's slides in July 2016 that have the same consist and included some data such as the exact date and noting he was chasing the train south from Newport. The consist includes CP 4220, 8777 and B&M 1747. Don't have the last units number. Bruce Douglas was along on that trip but has limited memory of the trip as they did many similar excursions to upper Vermont.
Earlier this month I took the last of the Gord Taylor slides that I plan to copy up to the lake. On a rainy day I scanned about 180 more New England and Canadian views. This is a drop in the bucket of what Gord had taken over the year. I may have scanned 400 views but his collection is in the 10's of thousands. Peter has kept what he thought he might like to file away in his own collection and has sold somewhere between 10,000-20,000 of Gord's slides to a US collector that will be putting them up for sale...you might want to watch on line for many more of his views. I have yet to scan any of his prints which I have a large box full of...George Dutka

Another view of Gord's at an unidentified location in Northern Vermont during June 1980.

No comments:

Post a Comment