Saturday 16 June 2018

Snapshot - June 2018

The GEXR engine-house in Goderich appears empty with two engines one track over. One engine is clearly for parts. No train in town on this day June 11, 2018.
This months snapshot are of views taken in Goderich, Ont. this past week. I traveled there on occasion from my boat docked 10 miles south of town. The Goderich salt mine has been on strike for over a month now and I don't believe there is much salt leaving by rail. This was my first time in town since last summer. I took a drive down to the docks and checked out the freighters, one being loaded with salt...George Dutka

Down at the waterfront Algoma Central Corporation Captain Henry Jackman is being loaded with salt at Goderich, Ont.
Stored in Goderich harbour is another Algoma Central Corporation freighter which is scheduled for scrap. Note there are a few salt covered hoppers in the salt mine yard. Not the amount of cars one would normally see.
Bruce Douglas sent me this photo of the same freighter seen in Sarnia a couple of years earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment