Saturday 25 April 2020

B&M 50' Single Door Milk Car Photos - Second Look

B&M 1920 is on display Oct 24, 1992 Warren Dodgson photo
I was going through a box of photos last week that I have from my friend Warren Dodgson. We used to take trips to New England together in the 1980's and 90's although he made a lot more trips than I did. I was raising 5 children and working the CN engineman's spare board. I had limited free time back during that era. We used to trade photos of trips we made. We both did do some solo trips to New England such as Warren's two trips to Essex, Ct recorded here. Warren lives a few blocks away although we don't see each other that much these days. Warren donated his entire photo collection and extensive research material to the Middlebury College in Vermont about 15-20 years ago if one does visits the college. Warren is totally out of modeling and historical railroad research in general. I believe some of his photos are on-line on the college web site including some of my photos that we exchanged.

I thought these detailed B&M milk car photos can help one modeling a milk car. Note the drain spouts next to the stirrups at each end in two photos. That is something one might want to try to model. I forgot all about these drain spouts till I saw Warren's photos again...George Dutka

Sept. 30, 1994, Essex, Ct. note the drain next to the stirrup. A modeling detail that would be neat to add. A nice look at the trucks on this car also.

Sept. 30, 1994 Essex, Ct. Warren Dodgson photo

Another look at the other end of the car and the water drain next to the ladder. Oct 24, 1992. Warren Dodgson photo.
Oct 24, 1992 Warren Dodgson photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment