Friday 7 July 2023

A bit about My Book - Part Three

One can find this small structure in the old AHM fire hall kit. I think it was also used in other model kits. As you can see I still have one front wall left to try something different. In this scene I added one of the custom Oxford models that come in a three package. The swivel that my module normally rests on is seen on the right side. Having the swivel allows me to inspect my diorama from all four sides. I do this at times I have visitor's over.
My tire shop diorama has been covered some years ago in this blog and also in the chapter of my book "build small dioramas".  This diorama is one of the smaller ones I have built and is chalked full of details. It is actually all leftovers from other projects and from my stash of detail parts. It rests on my workbench were I change out my cars on a regular basis.  

As in all the chapters I sent in a lot more photos than required. It is nice for the editor to have options. I thought I would share with you a few more views that were not used that I really liked. I am considering building another version of the same structure using a leftover front wall and a load of parts box finds. Maybe this will happen during this fall and winter. Don't worry I will be taking photos of the project and posting about it...George Dutka  

My custom car has arrived for a new set of tires. 

Another Oxford models is posed out front of the tire shop.


Two of the trio of Oxford models fit well on the tiny diorama I have built. I change out vehicles on this diorama on a regular basis. I have a couple of Sylvan models that once completed will spent some time on the display. This display is on my workbench in view, so a nice place to pose some of my auto collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment