Monday 17 July 2023

Milk Car Storage Tank - Intermountain milk car kit

More liquid storage to be added to my creamery complex.
I had an unused Intermountain milk car kit I got from Don Janes. I though such a storage facility would work well with the creamery I am building. One does not have to detail the kit well as it is to look as beyond its life on the road. I added match sticks as the base. I added minimal details to the model before it received a coat of Home Hardware olive camo coat. I was surprised that it looks a lot like Pullman green. I cheated by adding a broken down wood running board (these cars had steel ones). I just like how they look when broken down and weathered.

A hood's logo from a 1980's Hood calendar is applied as well as limited milk car decaling. None was in the kit but I have lots of milk decals. A lot of PanPastel and Bragdon chalks are applied to dirty and rust it up...George Dutka  

I have more than enough milk cars so this one would have never been built for rail service on the WRD.
Prior to weathering I added the brake wheel and stand plus the door hardware. I did not add the grabs. I like the looks of a broken down running board on an old car.

My model is getting the treatment. I remember seeing an old milk car at a creamery along the CV in Richmond years ago. I thought that would work well on the Hoods creamery diorama complex.


No comments:

Post a Comment