Saturday 21 February 2015

X-29 Boxcars

My two finished Train Miniatures from decades ago will be joined shortly by another X-29. This time a Reading car. I have the car shell partly stripped down and ready for some details.
To date I have completed only two X-29 boxcars. One a Maine Central boxcar built from a Train Miniatures kit following an article in the Feb 1986 RMC. The second a CNJ boxcar following a Nov. 1988 RMC article. Peter and I decided to build a Reading X-29 each since my F&C Reading double door boxcar came with enough decals to do four cars. I am using a TM/Walthers car and Peter has a nice looking Red Caboose model on the go. This project is coming along well and should be done before the snow goes...George Dutka

The CNJ car was lettered with CDS dry transfers.
The doors are cut down and new door guides added. The roof walks are thin styrene although I used the stock roof corner boards.
I believe I used A line stirrups on this model. A wire bleed rod and wire grabs are also added.

No comments:

Post a Comment