Friday 24 February 2017

Windows and Brick Structure

My new addition to the Bellows Falls scene.
This is the other of the four structures I had mentioned in past posts. I think I like this one the best. Not sure the heritage but it appears to be a resin kit. The windows are big and has a large roll-up end door. I guess it is kind of a garage as once one pulls anything big in...that needs such a large door there is not a lot of room left inside. The photo captions tells one what I did...George Dutka

This is how the structure looked when I got it home. Although it looks pretty good it got a coat of Floquil jade on the roof and concrete above and below the windows and doors.

Model Master Gun Metal Buffing Metalizer followed by Stainless Steel  Buffing Metalizer is applied to the roll doorway. The roof has a coat of Floquil Jade.
A coat of India ink is applied to the roof and walls then the roof got a coat of PanPastels. The walls got a coating of raw umber shade PanPastels. Some junk is laid around the base for more interest.

The chimney I added is I think from BEST. The window exhaust fan in a Bar Mills detail.

This large door turned out good. After the two coats of Model Master paint dried a light coat of neutral gray shade PanPastels was applied. I added an unloading sign above. The concrete trim on the roof line was repainted using Floquil paint.

The doors and windows colour stayed the same. I added flat finish plastic glazing once completed. A few signs, weeds and it all ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment