Monday 23 April 2018

2018 Ontario Narrow Gauge Show - Schomberg, Ont.


Jim Burchell's dioramas
On the weekend I attended the annual Ontario Narrow Gauge Show. I normally have a table of displays and also enter the various contests. This year I also gave a clinic. Through the door the show I believe topped 90 in attendance plus all that helped out. I left on Friday doing some rail-fanning along the way which got me to a few new spots and a couple I had visited may times. More on the narrow gauge show on my Modeling Maine in Narrow Gauge blog...George Dutka

If one brought $250 you could walk away with Peter Watson's great looking G scale model.
I was first up on the clinic list.
Bob Harper's SR&RL On2 modules brought over from England.
David Woodhead shows off a tree he purchased a few years ago from Roadside America. They sell authentic roadside trees (weeds) with a numbered tag as seen below. The trees are painted and ground foamed. David had the tree set in his history of Narrow Gauge display.
I caught up once again with the Cando engine at Orangeville, Ont. The train had just arrived from a Friday run down to Streetsville returning with three cars.
One of the returning covered hoppers was spotted at the Glad Plastic plant across from the yard.
One of this years displays views what one can do in O scale using military models.

No comments:

Post a Comment