Friday 2 August 2024

Projects!

Two little shanties that Gary Crowther gave me earlier this summer. I am working on updating them. Will show you them on the weekend.
I am working on a few projects this summer...but very slowly. They seem to have taken forever to complete...George Dutka  

These two Athearn covered hoppers for Rich Mason who asked me to do some light weathering to. I normally don't take on extra jobs as I am way behind with my own modeling...having been tied up with family issues the past couple of years. I hope he likes what I did to them. The Hooker car already had some very light weathering.


I picked up this two pack of Walthers chimneys for my ITLA structure in the Bellows Falls scene. The one I have been using is undersize. I actually have to cut this one down a bit.
The stack is cut down a bit. It was very easy to cut through the plastic.

After a coat of flat finish these are the four shades I used on the body. I did paint the wheels and spray paint the trucks.

The finished cars bright paints are toned down a bit by using PanPastel blender.

The lower areas got more attention then the sides. Micron pens are used to add a few rust spots...not too many though.

The running boards are grimed up good also and spillage is seen by the hatches.

No comments:

Post a Comment