Sunday 11 August 2024

This and That - August 2024

The Railway Museum in St. Thomas, Ontario. A really neat place to visit. They are having a model train show there on the Labor day long weekend Sunday, Aug 1, 2024.
Some extra stuff that I grouped together for you today...George Dutka  

I took a photo of this MEC X-29 boxcar found in one of Peter Mumby's railway books. It is freshly painted. The green is very dark...something I had not seen before on MEC boxcars. Most cars I have viewed have faded a lot.

The model above and below are those built by Jim Dufour and on display at this years NERPM.


I passed this barn on my way to the lake. It is near the GEXR Exeter spur. The reddish orange door really stood out and might look good on a contemporary model, Aug.1, 2024.

The grounds around CNR 86 has been cleaned up. The engine rests at the London, Ontario fairground and once had a fence around it. I am wondering how long it will last before it has graffiti on it. August 4, 2024.

Just before I arrived in Woodstock, Ontario on Aug. 7 2024 a CP wb crossed the highway. On the train there was two ex-B&M covered hoppers. I had not seen any of these in a bit although I have not been railfanning much also. They are starting to look worn. The view below is something to try on a model...lots of rust streaking down the sides.


I had not been to the Woodstock, Ontario VIA station in a year and was looking forward to seeing how the restoration had turned out. Well it looks the same as last year and I did not see anyone working on it on Aug 7 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment