Sunday 18 August 2024

Weathering touch-ups

My True Line Trains covered hopper got a few rust spots applied with a Micro black pen followed by dragging some of the PanPastels found on the model. The Micro pen does work over the powders. I then highlighted the edges of the running board and roof ribs with PanPastel raw umber shade. The center of the hatches got a touch also.

I brought my two CN covered hoppers back to the workbench for a bit of a touch-up to the roof top hatches. I wanted a more weathered look to that area...George Dutka   

I used PanPastel gray and raw umber shade to highlight the top half of this covered hopper. I left the sides of the car pretty clean.

I am dusting over the Micron 05 rust colored pen marks and Vallejo rust texture spots applied which tones down the final appearance. The outside edges of the running board will get a light coat of PanPastel raw umber shade shortly.


No comments:

Post a Comment