Friday 16 August 2024

August 2024 update

My workbench with an Athearn North Stratford Ry boxcar ready for weathering. Note all the other pieces of equipment waiting their turn. With all our family issue in the past some have been there a couple of years or more.
I have got some modeling in during August but mostly weathering boxcars that have been on my workbench for sometime now. Glad to have got my hands dirty once again. I have also got out railfanning officially for the first time this year...although I have taken some train pictures from time to time this month was the first time I spent half a day trackside watching trains go by...George Dutka

My Walthers covered bridge is now complete. If you want to see more about it check out my narrow gauge blog for what I did.

The new CP underpass in London is not yet completed and graffiti has already started to appear.

Brian Smith gave me these two nicely detailed Accurail hoppers back in the early spring before he left for New Brunswick. The car on the left is complete while the right car needs a bit of a tone down to the weathering. I also applied PanPastel coarse coal to the loads. It gives the coal sparkle. The weathering on the sides was done with Bragdon Iron.

This car has wire grabs which replace the thick plastic ones that the model came with. Some wire piping is also added to the underbody.

The models are ready to roll. One has more detailing applied then the other.

I was on my way home yesterday from Muskoka and stopped by the Milton train sation which is now in a park within site of the CN Halton Sub. It is in the process of having some footing work done to it. I decided to have my lunch in one of the covered shelters in the park as it was noon...thought maybe I could also see a freight go by, but no luck. Aug 15, 2024



No comments:

Post a Comment