Friday 30 August 2024

Layout Cleanup?

The WOD-NMRA gang take a look around the layout on Tuesday.
On Tuesday I hosted the WOD-NMRA executive BBQ and meeting. After the meeting the boys had a chance to check out my layout. Problem was I had not ran a train in over a year and there were rolling stock, engines, cobwebs and dust over the entire layout that should not be there. Well I spend a whole day on the weekend removing over 50 extra pieces of equipment and engines from the layout that filled the main line and yards that should not have been there. The track was cleaned and the vacuum came out for a good cleaning. I have a nice soft brush which cleaned the rooftops of structures...all the rolling stock was removed and dusted off. Not all made it back...some even got some repairs at the end of the day. Well all is good now and it only takes a group visiting to get things back in shape. 

The layout had been neglected for over 2 years while we looked after my wife's mom and later my wife...George Dutka 

Although all the trains should have been from the 1950's I added one that reflects the late 1970's.
Some NMRA awards were handed out. Here we see Pat Rivard receiving his Gold Spike award. Two others received their AP's.


No comments:

Post a Comment