Sunday 25 August 2024

Napierville Junction - Bowser Model

The Bowser hopper arrived on my workbench with leftover decals to complete the model. The end numbering is missing on this factory lettered model.
Peter Mumby gifted me this Napierville Junction Bowser covered hopper after we discussed the 3-D printed D&H caboose I purchased at this years NERPM. As Napierville Junction is part of the D&H I am doing my caboose as that. I asked Peter if he might have a decal set for this model which he did not but came up with this Bowser model for me with the decals needed to letter it better. Thanks Peter and here it is completed...George Dutka


A close-up look at the roof. Some weathering but I hope not overdone.

I used a rust color micron 05 pen to add some rust spots on the roof and lower area of the car. The trucks and wheels are painted and Kadee true scale 158 couplers are added. Two Panpastels were only used for weathering.

Once the model was done I though it could use a bit more detail to take away form the heavy grabs and ladders which I did not want to remove from a finished model. I added TangentTSM-204 type 2 cut levers and Detail Associates #2206 eye bolts and Hi Tech Details flex rubber air hoses #6038 to my model. I think I will go back and do the same to my B&M covered hoppers also. The details are applied and some touch up painting is required.


No comments:

Post a Comment