Saturday 26 December 2015

Wells River Station - In "N" Scale

Bob Mallette's N scale Wells River station

A Scratch-built "N" Scale Depot....by Don Janes

     Back in 2012 I posted an article about the B&M HO scale Wells River Station kit I built for a kit review for the Modellers Notes section in the BMRRHS Bulletin.  Not long after,  I got an e-mail from fellow modeller Bob Mallette from Kingston, ON asking for some more info on the structure as he was planning on building an N scale version of the same station.  I sent Bob a bunch of photos I took during construction.  I didn't hear from Bob again and had forgotten all about it until a couple of weeks ago when I received an e-mail from Bob with some attached photos.  When I looked at the photos I was really impressed with his scratch built version of the Wells River station but was even more impressed knowing it was in N scale.  He said the delay was mainly waiting to find a good source of shingles for the structure.  He finally found some great looking shingles from Rusty Stumps.  Having built in N scale a farm scene for my layout I can really appreciate the skill that Bob has put into this station.  I find it incredible the amount of detail he was able to add to this structure, all scratch built.  I think you will have to agree that Bob did an amazing job on his Wells River station.
An end view of the station
This is a view of the track side of the station.  Note the nice stone foundation Bob has added to the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment