Friday 1 May 2020

OK Auto Body Building Flat

I wanted a block structure for my back alley scene. OK Auto Body used to be located in Brantford, Ontario across from the station. I made a photocopy of a sign photo I took a few years ago. The stacks are Tichy spurs and the paint booth vent is an ITLA detail.
I built this building flat from leftover parts I had from another project for my back alley scene. I still needed a small back wall structure instead of a wood fence to break up the view of two larger structures. Of course there would be a lot more to a body shop than what you see but this is to be a fill in flat....George Dutka

I had the front wall which I left as-is just adding a styrene cap to the top. The side wall section I had was cut in half to make the two sidewalls. They are cut down shorter so kind of a false front is viewed. Styrene caps are also added to the sidewalls.
The walls are spray-bombed auto body gray primer. The windows are painted craft paint black.
The roof is heavy card stock painted craft paint black from the dollar store. The awning is leftover from a recent BarMills build. It is painted Floquil rust and AK rust stains. The walls got a coat of india ink- alcohol then PanPastel grays are used as highlights.
The rear wall is also cardstock which is left with its light primer coat. Some AK oil spills are seen around the stacks and paint booth vent as patching.

No comments:

Post a Comment