Sunday 2 October 2016

CV 8081 Update

CV 8081 is headed to Bellows Falls with a new headlight at both ends.
This past summer I got back at updating my CV switcher. If you remember I posted about adding a newer stack back in May 2016 along with DCC, LED headlights and crew. I could not find the twin beam headlight until I finished the upgrade. So in July during the humid spell 8081 came back to my work bench. I carved off the single beam headlight at both ends and applied a Detail Associates #LT 1012 twin beam headlight. A dab of my green mix and back to work in White River Jct. it goes...George Dutka

A string of CNR boxcars are waiting shipment north of the border.

At the B&M yard office, WRJ. Note my summer era cars which will be shortly returning to storage when the 1950's return later this month.

#8081 is midway through the yard at White River Jct.

6 comments:

  1. Planning on updating and detailing a few Alco switchers myself soon. Your work is great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris:
      Thanks...you have to show me your Alco's once you are finished with them...take care...George

      Delete
  2. Looks great George! - Marty

    ReplyDelete