Sunday 26 August 2018

AHM Fire House - Finished Model

Most of the weathering was done with PanPastels.
Here is how my fire house turned out...captions tell the story...George Dutka

The windows and rear door are painted with a spray bomb, camo olive from Home Hardware. The roof trim is painted Floquil Jade. Signs and details come from my drawers of parts and details.
The walls are coloured using PanPastels over Floquil grime. The ramp and awning that came with the kit worked well on the side. On the kit it was to be added to the rear. The rear door is a Tichy detail.
The roof is painted acrylic black. Using a pencil I added tar paper lines. The vent came from my parts box along with the chimney.
The fire call box is a Mount Blue Model Co. detail part. I added some small signs near the door. The awning is rusted up using acrylic paints and Bragdon Powders. The downspouts on each side are made from waste material in a past build ITLA kit.
Floquil Caboose Red is used on the doors. The fire house numbering is dry transfer on black paper.
The axe is a Tichy detail.

2 comments:

  1. Hi George. I think you have done a fine job of resurrecting and old , parts short kit. I was wondering if you had considered adding some second storey window to some of the walls as the look pretty stark and I can't see an architect deigning a building with out some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ken:
    That did cross my mind. I guess that is why I moved the dock to the one sidewall. If I use the structure in a scene...thinking my waterfront module, all one will see it the front and possibly the loading dock as other structures will be pushed really close to it. I guess in hind sight I should have, just because. Thanks for mentioning...depending how the scene comes together you never know a building is never finished...a window or two might appear...George

    ReplyDelete