Saturday 11 August 2018

Rapido - Proto Paint Lids

My damaged lid is taped up. Not much left in that bottle so that should do for a few more weeks. I now use a rubber band on the lid if it is stuck on with dried paint. I also add a second band on the bottle for my finger to get a better grip.
I noticed that the lids on Rapido's Proto Paint are a thinner weaker metal than used on many other model paints. One needs to be careful that the glass bottle threads are kept clean as the lid will distort and come apart if pliers are needed for removal of a stuck on lid. On my haze bottle I used pliers to remove the lid and found they dug right through the metal putting holes into the lid. I am now using a broccoli elastic band on the lids and really clean the jar treads before closing...George Dutka

No comments:

Post a Comment