Thursday 23 August 2018

AHM Fire House

This is what I found in the box. All the details for the fire house is there but  I could only find the front walls for the main and side structures. Will see what I can make from it all. The two walls on the right are from who knows what. When you buy a box full of old kits one never knows what one finds. I know I will have a lot of extra parts for future projects.
I picked up this kit which turned out to be mainly parts for a AHM fire hall and not sure what the extra wall came from. In later years Tyco offered this kit. I always wondered about that side building as I have picked up two at trains shows and modeled them as garages and workshops. I will show you how it all came together shortly...George Dutka

I split the doors as I will model them open. The cupola is all there and also the skylight.
I decided to built the side walls from Mt. Albert scribed wood. This I stained with Hunterline weathering mix then Floquil grime. The wooden walls will get a coat of powders as faded red. I also am going to use the rear ramp and doorway, but on the side of the structure. At far right is a piece of Imagine That Laser Design roofing I did not use in a build. It turns out to be a perfect fit for this project.
The brick got a coat of spray bomb primer red followed by a coat of Roberts brick mortar mix. Three walls are done with the rear wall needing a doorway cut out.
I believe this station is in Scarborough,Ont. I liked the colouring of the green windows and trim and red doors. I will use this photo for colouring inspiration for my model.

No comments:

Post a Comment