Saturday 13 March 2021

N Scale Long Barn

 

My finished model. Tar paper roofing was used on this model.

A few more views of my N scale long barn...George Dutka    

My two models. Note the roof on the HO scale model. It had got a warp in it along the walls. I re-glued and clamped the model and all is well. 

When I finished the weathering it looked too heavy. I gave the structure a wash of Floquil red and thinner. Mostly thinner which blended the powders, PanPastels and Floquil paint. I think it looks a lot better now.

A closer look of the barn with the wash of thinner.


6 comments:

  1. Hi George, Mind if I ask what the dimensions of these two models are? I am looking at a barn myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It measures 98' by 40' on the N scale version that I measured...George

      Delete
  2. Loved your article on 'Docks and Ramps' very helpful. Would you tell me more about E.C. Crosby & Sons? Kit? Scratch? Plans. It's a great building I'd like to build it in N. I gotta ask - What products are in the NH boxcar?

    Mike michael47fox@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike Thanks for the nice comments. The crosby coal is a branchline kit that I think is still available in both HO and N. I have built it in both scales. I had it included in an article for RMC on N scale a few years back...have to check the date. The boxed inside the NH boxcar is cardstock HO kits that build up into crates from Aberdeen Car Shops...George

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Rutland Ry Historical Society had plans of Crosby Coal included in their first years of the Newsliner second issue of the year I think...George

    ReplyDelete