Monday 15 January 2024

Milton, Vermont - Limestone loading

I recently scanned my print viewing three GTW hoppers in designated service that will be loaded with limestone. June 13, 1990.
Kevin Smith brought up the topic of GTW covered hoppers being loaded at Milton, Vermont last month. Kevin has actually modeled a couple of these cars. He also mentioned my B&W photo that was in the last issue of the Bob Jones series of CV books showing the loader. I spent sometime digging through my photos from that day and another visit to the location. More on this topic later but here is a color print I took at the same time I took the B&W view...George Dutka     

Matt Flynn took this view that I cropped of a GTW covered hopper in Palmer, Ma. on Sept 30, 1994. What I wanted to show you is the "when empty return to Milton, Vt." found on both sides of the car. All the cars in limestone service had this applied including at least one DT&I car. A decal of this detail can be purchased from Highball Graphics. This car number is GTW 111122.


No comments:

Post a Comment