Thursday 21 June 2012

CV Waterbury, Vermont Frt. House - Demolished

I was viewing some pictures on the Internet a few days ago and notice one of the Vermonter stopped at Waterbury, Vt. Something looked different. It was a low angle shot that did not show very much background details. I thought I should have been able to see at least a little of the Central Vermont  frt. house in the view. I could not see any of it. A quick e-mail to Bill Brigham, President of the CVRHS confirmed what I thought. On Bill's last visit to Waterbury, for National Train Day, May 12, 2012 he found the frt. house was torn down to the point all that was showing was the floor timbers which are very substantial. I am glad I stopped by and took additional photo last year. These photos can be seen in my post of June 1, 2012. I also measured the structure and at some point will do a drawing...George Dutka

No comments:

Post a Comment