Monday 30 January 2017

Brick Walls

The plaster castings are painted using Acrylic paints. I used a mix of three colours. Once dry a wash of Hunterline stain is applied.
I took some photos while I built my mill scene for Bellows Falls. As seen above I brush painted the plaster castings with a mix of water-based paint from the dollar store. The roofing got a coat of the black. Pan Pastels and Bragdon powders finish off the project...George Dutka

The footing and stone window and door features are all painted with Floquil concrete. The white grout is a white acrylic wash that is added here and there. Some white PanPastels are used also. I did not want it to look very even. The walls are to look really weather-beaten.

This section one can see I blackened the window openings before the windows are inserted. The doorway got a dusting of Bragdon green grunge. with a fine brush. The black roof has some dark rust and soot applied from Bragdon.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have that many brick structures on my RR, but always love the look. And your technique captures it perfectly. Well done as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris...always trying something new...George

      Delete