Monday 2 September 2019

A Model Railroad Yard Sale

The early morning shadows were still long as the first customers considered their purchases.  August 24, 2019.
By Peter Mumby.
It's no secret.  I like model trains.  And, I enjoy cruising area garage sales.  So, when my friend, Jeff, recently indicated that he was planning to hold a model railroad yard sale, it sounded like an excellent way to waste a little time on a summer Saturday morning.

Jeff is adept at spreading his message via social media, so potential customers were out in force by the time of my 08:15 arrival.  Also, the weather gods smiled down on the proceedings, so money was changing hands and purchases were being ferried to waiting automobiles.  All in all, it looked like a very successful event.  I had seen model supplies mixed in with other items at yard sales in the past, but this was the first time I had ever attended such a sale dedicated exclusively to model trains.

When is the last time your model railroad collection experienced the natural light of a summer morning?
I guess "driveway sale" would actually have been a better descriptor for this event.

2 comments: