Saturday 4 January 2020

Tree Modeling

My finished tree planted in Westboro, NH.
Last winter Peter and I spent one afternoon trying out some tree trunks and foliage we picked up at a train show...George Dutka

At one train show Peter and I purchased a box full of RR stuff. What we found was some tree making material. So over at Peter's house for workday Monday, he pulled out even more tree materials stored for a long time and a glue to experiment with. I had a package of armatures that we also could play around with. When the afternoon was done we had built a handful of N and HO scale trees.
This is what the HO scale tree looked like when I came home. The glue we used was really tacky and glossy. I used acrylics paints in the gray tones to repaint the trunk and branches.
Another angle of same tree.
The tree trunk is painted...the shine is gone and more realistic looking.
A cell phone shot of Peter Mumby's trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment