Sunday 26 April 2020

Alloy Forms - Junk Car

My finished rusted out hulk looking for a spot now on the WRD.
This is the last of my Alloy Forms junk cars. I began by just giving it a coat of Floquil rust. The captions tell the rest of the story.

To begin the story I visited Don this past week...me on his lawn and Don on his front porch, really odd these days. We had a few items to exchange such as the AK rust coloured pencils he picked up for me when he was in Arizona. I could not find any here and to order them, they are sold out. These I used on this auto as a test..George Dutka

Don Janes on his front porch during our visit.
My new AK weathering pencils. A note about using them...don't press hard when applying the colouring as they break very easy.
The car with Floquil rust.
My first attempt with the rust colour pencils as additional weathering. The colours are applied then a wash of water blends the tones together. I also used a silver marker to add some chrome. Some Vellejo rust effects as dark rust highlights around the wheel wells is applied. A very light coat of Bragdon  the blue's is applied as the original colouring.
Ontario plates are applied, some weeds growing through the removed floor boards and engine compartment is included. A wheel, radiator, newspapers and old plates are in the interior. I added some old chain to the engine compartment as it may have been used to lift the engine out and left behind. Some weed and a board and plywood also stuffed in there.
Here is the finished model with all the products used. The three colours used are dark rust, light rust and strong ocher. The car body is set on pieces of match sticks that are weathered up. I just wanted it to be off the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment