Monday 6 April 2020

Finishing Foster's Milk

Foster's Milk with all the signs included attached. I actually used a few again on the other side that I had photocopied. The kit comes with three milk cars. I used a few more from my stock of Tichy cans. Juneco garbage can, broom and figure adds to the scene.
Here are some construction photos for Foster's as I worked away on this project...enjoy...George Dutka

The doors are assembled and end gables are glued together. The decking has the wood ends planking attached. One can see the square piece has been cut out of the base which is right at the door. I put it back in as the doors are open. It is the cupola roofing that actually is too small and very thick anyhow. I cut out a new one from the leftover scrap wood flooring in the same kit.
Glueing the wood deck to the cardstock base needed some weight to keep it flat. The platform supports are being glued in place.

The platform is completed and ready for some stain and paint. I used india ink and alcohol over the entire structure then Floquil grime coat full strength.
The walls are given a coat of Floquil grime followed by some sponged on white acrylic dollar store paint. The edges with get a rub of AK pencil rainmarks.
 The roof is painted acrylic black. The roof is then ready for tar-paper. The milk cans got a brush coat of silver acrylic paint. The kit came with a metal two box casting which got a coat of Model Master wood colour paint. The cupola is about ready to be attached. I used chalkboard green paint for the trim from Dollar Tree. The stencil is painted using a sponge and blackboard black paint from Dollar Tree.
I made the roofing from black construction paper coated lightly with auto primer gray. I then scuff it down, cut a few random grooves as wear marks and glue it on the black roofing. Bragdon powder dark rust is added to the seam lines.
The quarry scene is removed and my new milk station is added at the end of the spur line. I forgot to mention on the walls I pulled up a few boards and added nail holes. The end doors are modeled to open inwards and are also painted green.

No comments:

Post a Comment