Monday 13 April 2020

B&M 50' Single Door Milk Car

B&M 50' single door milk car on display at Thomaston, Ct. by the station on May 30, 2015.
I had a request last week for some views of B&M 50' single door milk cars. I thought I had already posted views I took during a Collinsville, Ct. NERPM trip, but it appears I had not. Don Janes and I took a side trip on Saturday morning to Thomaston, Ct. and found B&M 1920 on display by the station. There is a second car in storage awaiting restoration but we did not see it even when we walked the storage yard. It appears that 1920 is now in the storage yard against the fence. More milk car information found through the link below...George Dutka

White River Division: B&M Milk Cars #1900-1934

B&M  milk cars #1915-1934 are single door cars built in December 1957. Hard to believe they where still building milk cars at this time with the milk business by rail on a steep decline.




 



No comments:

Post a Comment