Friday 19 May 2023

Building the MEC Section Shed

One window was boarded up a weathered Guilford sign is applied and some boards are pulled up. One can have a peek at the leftovers found inside the collapsed door
Here is a look at the construction, paint and weathering of my MEC style section shed...George Dutka

All the walls and parts are laid out ready for assembly. The wall corners will be all leftovers from other projects. 

I had placed the door as part open before I decided to model it as fallen in. Luckly the glue had not dried yet.

The roof is about to go on this structure. I made it from cardstock. Note I did add some bracing to the interior walls. Inside and out the walls began with a coating of Hunterline weathering mix.

I always have a supply of boards to add as detail or board up windows. The green tones found on the wall are a mix of tru-color MEC green and PanPastel green. The structure did not need a lot as I wanted the gray tone and some raw weathered wood to be showing through. I added nail holes once all the powders were applied.  

The area that will not have any tarpaper roofing got some paint weathering. More will be done with PanPastels once the roofing is applied.


No comments:

Post a Comment