Thursday 11 May 2023

This and That - May 2023

A form off a car at the Reclamation yard London, Ontario.
Here we have some extra material on a variety of topics...enjoy...George Dutka

Clare Gilbert of Sylvan Scale Models passed this tip for painting truck trailer roofing.
"I just read your article in RMC about working with plaster. Though I would let you know what I use for aluminum roofs on trailers. Varathane Metallic silver in an aerosol can. It sprays on beautifully and dries in no time. I have used it for years...Clare.  

MEC caboose 1155 is seen behind the load of coal being shoveled into a Maine two footer engine. Not sure of the date but 1920's era. Might make a good modeling project for a two footer interchange scene.
I had a nice visit with Don Janes and Jim Sloan on Monday May 8, 2023 in Sarnia. We had a chance to get caught up with each others modeling after a long winter. We are at Jim's in this photo. Oh when we went back upstairs there was at least 9 blue jays around the feeder in his back yard. His wife saw 14 earlier in the day. They are after peanuts in his bird feeder.
I had this photo of the Montrealer passed along to me not that long ago that I thought was interesting. Appears Amtrak is having problems and a CV and GT geep is being used.

The CPKC sign has been installed here in London not that long ago. It is amazing how many times the signage has changed in the last two decades.  

No comments:

Post a Comment