Monday 22 May 2023

ITLA Two Story Brick Utility Building - Interlocking Tower

The walls went together extremely well. I painted the roof so that once done it will resemble a weathered copper patina.

I am not finished with the structure yet but I thought I would show you what it looks like at this point. The main build took a short afternoon and I am now painting the walls and details prior to installation of the stairway. I decided to name mine Delray after a tower on the GTW I passed by on my way to Flat Rock when we used to run down there.   

The corner brick dovetail joints had a bit of a gap between some of them. I ran some canopy cement down these joints. I just put some on my finger and rubbed it in were it needed filling. Once dry it coated well with the paint I was using.

The coloring of the bricks will be the same as found on Delray. I also photocopied the original signs from my GTW book that will be used on the structure.

Wall coloring was done using Tru-color spray cans. First I applied matte dark red brick followed by a very light coat of matte RR tie brown while still wet...George Dutka 

Mortar mix is randomly applied to the walls. There will be more paint applied and weathering powders - PanPastels before it is all done. The concrete is Anita's Rainy day grey acrylic paints.

I found it would be easier to just paint all the details on the sheeting before detaching other than the doors which is a two part assembly. Windows are MIG Rail Center white and stairs are AK dark rust deposits then AK rust steaks.

I repainted a few bricks uisng dark grey Rail Center AMMO-MIG paint. It was more of a dry brush over certain areas to catch a few bricks at a time. The AK slimy grime dark is added to the bottom layer of bricks.


No comments:

Post a Comment