Saturday 18 October 2014

New England Trip

This is the only train photo I took over the span of 5 days in New England. Susanne and I were at the Vermont General Store a short distance away. I wanted to get a few photos of Robertson Paper since I have purchases the kit. It turned out the Vermonter was due within 5 minutes. Kind of got lucky here as I did not have a timetable to check train times.
Just got home Friday from a few days in Vermont and Massachusetts. The weather was interesting to say the least, a mix of sun, rain and heavy clouds each day. Most days the temp. was around 80 degrees with extra humidity added in. On Tuesday it topped 81 which the news mentioned was almost the record set in the 1890's. As we headed home they were calling for snow at night in the mountains around Stowe, Vt. Hard to believe it is changing from shorts and tee's to winter boots in just a day.

Anyhow it is good to be home again so I can get working on the layout once again. It has been almost 5 months since I last did anything to it...although I did finish a few smaller projects on my workbench last  month. The break was great but I am ready for the snow to fly and hide out downstairs....George Dutka

On our last day in Vermont it was raining heavy off and on but on occasion it was good enough for a short stopover. This one views the completed Taftsville covered bridge I had posted on earlier.
Majority of our trip to New England was spent checking out the sites and shops along the way. On this morning we walked the streets of Old Deerfield, Mass. checking out the heritage homes decorated for the season.

I took this photo from inside the covered bridge at Quechee, Vt. as it was raining at the time. A local TV station reported the conditions are just right to produce the best colour in years throughout the state of Vermont and this past week appeared to be the peak of the season in the areas we visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment