Monday 8 June 2015

New England Trip - Modeling

Seems I will be building a few NH kits next fall.
While away in Southern New England I picked up some NH rolling stock to fill out my growing fleet...nothing unexpected as we attended a meet in the middle of NH country. I wanted a F&C rebuild NH boxcar to built at the same time as my other F&C 36' NH car. I also found a Rapido smoker coach which I passed up on when originally offered. I even got a deal on it. The NHRHS had a NH 50' double door car offered at a good price, so one of these will soon be rolling on the WRD. Both Don and I got an Athearn special run MEC caboose which was done for the Danbury, Ct. rail museum which we visited. They are clearing them out a discount price...so another addition to my contemporary fleet.

I did stock my paint cabinet a bit while away.
Don and I always check out the paints at hobby shops along the way with the hope of finding some Floquil we are nearly out of. One in particular is grime. We laugh about who will get the lone bottle if we found any. Well we stopped in Canaan, Ct. to photograph the nice station there. I noted a hobby shop in the next block. Don really did not want to go in as he had already spent well over his intended budget. I said I would go in and I will keep all the jars of grime they had. To my surprise I check out the paint rack while Don was at the engine display and found two jars of grime left. We kind of laughed about it after...finding something we had been looking for the whole trip prior to driving home. Oh if your wondering I did have to share....George Dutka


No comments:

Post a Comment