Saturday 20 June 2015

MEC Caboose No. 661

MEC #661 is still in need of some weathering. The roof will get a coating of grime along with the trucks. A conductor will be added to the platform and off to work it will go. Since I leave my modern fleet out during the summer months this simple project will happen shortly. Will post some completed photo then.
The Danbury Railroad Museum offers a Athearn special run MEC caboose model of #661 which the prototype is part of their collection. I forget the regular price but they are now offered for $16.00. Don and I both purchased one. There are still a lot left if one is interested. I will be using it with my contemporary fleet of equipment on the WRD. Don has a nice collection of New England and Canadian cabooses which are all displayed on a designated wall shelf...George Dutka

MEC #661 at the Danbury Railroad Museum during my visit back on May 27, 2015
Another view of MEC #661
 MEC #661
MEC #664 is also at Danbury but is privately owned. It was purchased with the thought of being moved. It has yet happened.
Another view of MEC 664. The roofing at one time was green but now it is mostly grime and rust. I think my model with have a look somewhere in between hedging toward heavy weathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment