Saturday 3 October 2015

Walthers Proto 8,000 Gallon Tank Car

Walthers Proto 32'6" Type 21 ACF 8,000 gallon tank car.
I picked up a new Type 21 8,000 tank car which is lettered for a New England industry. The car to my surprise has better details than I expected to find. I will though change out the couplers and brake wheel...everything else will stay. These cars built in the early 1920's had upgrades done in the late 1940's and 1950's with may remaining in revenue service into the 1970's....many had almost 50 years of service. This particular car is lettered for Everett Distilling Co. located in Everett, Mass. I don't know anything about this company...if anyone can help...would love to hear from you...George Dutka

I will change out the couplers and brake wheel...this model even has the operating levers included and finer grabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment