Sunday 24 April 2016

London and District Layout Tour - White River Division

Some visitors discuss DCC while I try to get a Broadway engine programmed on my program track for a guest. As it turned out he needed to take the engine shell apart to reset the engine by pushing the reset button found in not a great location.
Yesterday our area held its annual layout tour. I was not sure how many visitors the WRD would host since 21 layouts are open spread over a wide area. As it turned out Peter and I found ourselves pretty busy keeping up to questions, visiting with new and old friends and on occasion run a train over the road. I can tell you not much got switched other than the five finger kind but in the end we did run a good amount of trains over the road. At last count the guest book had almost 60 signatures and I know of a few that forgot to sign. Here we have a few photos Peter and I took of the gang...George Dutka

Peter Mumby chats up old times with  Bob Winterton.

Checking out the Rapido gondolas on display.

Gary Pembleton and Don Pearce stopped by during the morning rush. They are standing in front of my N scale display. No surprise as Gary is a N scaler.

Peter and Bob Winterton had a nice visit taking in all the scenes. We had a chance to discuss CPR modeling and the CP Sig magazine before they left.

Terry is an O scaler and a retired CN conductor who stopped by to check out the layout. Terry and I worked together a lot over the years.

Andy Greenlees another retired CN engineman and Clare Gilbert of Sylvan Models also stopped by for a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment