Thursday 24 January 2019

My Springfield 2019 trip canceled.

At the Paris train show last weekend I picked up a completed F&C NH hopper kit for $5.00. Just a few details to be added and some weathering and it will be good to go on the WRD. These car style although a really early era prototype appears to have made it into the 1950's.
I had mentioned it before that I was planning to attend the Springfield show again this year but my travel day looks like heavy rain some snow and freezing pellets. I am not much these days traveling on other than dry road so I canceled my room and will maybe get a break from chores here as everyone thinks I am away for a few days...arr got a call from retirement home...my mom is having issues and she has to go in today for tests...my trip was doomed...George Dutka

These two photos are from the F&C web site that view the current kit version.

3 comments:

  1. Nice, but AFAIK only Eire and NYSW has that design. The one you got must be an early F&C, notice the difference in the interior of the car between yours and the unpainted sample. Yours might also be the Ambroid version, it looks like no rivits.

    Hope your Mom is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had noted the difference of interior in all three models shown. Thinking the NH car is a very old issue. Will have to dig deeper into it...thanks for the heads up...George

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you are correct not rivits on carbody...George

    ReplyDelete