Monday 21 January 2019

Railfanning Saratoga Springs

The Adirondack is seen stopped at the station on Nov. 4, 2018.
During the layout tour at last falls Albany Expo Don and I stopped at Saratoga Springs to photograph the southbound Adirondack before checking out a layout in town. We arrived about 10 minutes before train time so we had a few minutes to check the station and area out for a photo location. We actually would be shooting at an angle towards the sun for a head on shot Don and I chose different locations. I was able to get a number of views as I hung around the station building for my views...George Dutka

Don and I had a bit of time to check out the station before the Amtrak train arrived.
The station is a fairly new structure which is well suited to this location.
The Adirondack arrives. I am actually standing behind the station which has a large parking lot that is very open for photographs.
Pulling down to the station.
The layover was at least five minutes giving one lots of time to check out the equipment. That is Don way down near the engine.
Looking out through the large station windows.
The train has departed the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment