Saturday 26 January 2019

Walthers Feed Store - Weathered

The completed Walthers feed store all weathered up.
Back last summer I purchased a group of built structures, most of which are Walther kits. This one was built well but needed a touch of character. I think it turned out well although I found it just did not fit well into my New England feel of the WRD. I since sold it and am thinking about looking for something else...George Dutka

This is how the model looked when I got home other than it has received a spray bomb coat of flat finish. I will be soon applying a coating of india ink -alcohol mix.
Some of the signage has been applied.
Signs on the other end. The front posts were not attached well so they are off for the moment till I weather up the area in behind.
The finished model has a well weathered roof which is the focal point of the building. I added acrylic rusting on the seams followed by Bragdon powder rust steaks and finished off with PanPastels.
The sides also got some rust and PanPastels.
The front platform is loaded with details and signs. I think this structures weathering turned out really well.


2 comments: