Tuesday 31 December 2019

December Update


A B&M milk train along the WRD which includes my just finished Borden's butter dish car done in the red scheme.
The year is coming to an end and I still have a lot to cover so here is a bit of what I have been up to this month and photos that did not fit into other posts...enjoy and see you in 2020...George Dutka

My workbench mid December. A lot of projects are on the go...most will be done by the end of the month.
Another FOS kit of the month a couple of hours into the project. One of the laser cut sheeting was missing so a bit of improvising was required.
I did this car in the older red scheme. So for it to fit into my era it needs a good amount of weathering which is done with PanPastels. I had black or white lettering that was included with this Red Ball kit but it needed a yellow gold scheme which was pieced together from an old Walther set. More of my butter dish cars will be in the NMRA magazine when they find a free spot for the article.
The inside of Robertson Paper Co. when it was coming down.
The final days in Bellow Falls, Vermont.
A quick weathering job on this N scale refer. I was trying out my AK pencils...more on that shortly. This is on my N scale module.
CN #394 Portland bound departing Groveton, NH Aug 1975, Ken Patton.
My FOS kit of the month from last January is now completed...more to come shortly.
One of my Vermont train chase days back in 1998. It is actually Oct. 4 and I started the chase in St. Johnsbury, Vermont. It was a railfan trip.
Some awsome N scale weathering by Evandro Luiz.
Another of the structures I detailed for the upcoming Woodstock Train Show. I almost kept it but I have a couple more mills to build. This one is a kind of kit-bash and I call it Greene's Feed and Seed. As it is turning out most of my buildings have been sold already, this one to my friend Brian Smith.
The backside seen placed on a base to set up a different view of the WRD.
B&M 1223 has been added to the overgrown fleet of engines on the WRD. This is a Proto model that has DCC added when I purchased it a year ago. I finally got a couple of coats of Rapido paint fading and a bit of PanPasels and Bragdon Powders applied. I feel Proto B&M colouring is too brown, but the fading does helps a bit. I guess it is running low of fuel...I found it at the Westboro fuel rack.

My St J 70 tonners are out for a run on the WRD.



No comments:

Post a Comment