Saturday 16 November 2013

Fine Scale Model Railroad Expo 2013

As you can see I came home with a good size haul.
Don Jane and I arrived home on Monday after attended this years Expo 2013 held in Pittsfield, Mass. We actually had an 8 day trip to New England as we took in a few more model railroads than one could cover in the 4 hour Sunday layout tour. We also did some railfanning along the way, and for once got lucky with action at locations we normally don't see anything. It was nice to see Marty McGuirk at the show. We actually had a great visit at dinner with Marty and Stic Harris on Friday evening. The show was also as good as expected with both Don and I purchasing more than we planned on. I left with five new kits, three in HO and two in O scale (for my On30 module). BEST Trains show kit, a county general store called Elwell was one that Don and I both purchased. Marty and Stic also could not resist this kit. It will be interesting to find out how the four of us construct our kits. I am sure we will all have a different approach to this project. As usual we got a lot of free goodies from many of the manufacturers such as detail parts, scale lumber from two manufacturers, video, small kits and oddly enough boxed cookies that did not last us long. I was happy to purchase more roofing material, detail parts, a rubber flagstone wall mold and a large sheet of Gatorfoam that Don and I split.

As it turned out I took over 1000 photos during the trip. I guess that is why I had to pick up a new photo card on Thursday evening. I will share more details and photos of our trip shortly...George Dutka

No comments:

Post a Comment