Sunday 1 February 2015

What's in the Box No. 12

One can see all the very small wall and window section included in this all wood kit. There are no detail or cast metal parts included.
Lyndonville, Vt. Freight House - N Scale
Creative Laser Design

My friend Gary Pembleton had two boxes of Scenic Express supertrees that he offered to me if I was interested in constructing a kit or two for him in N scale. He really wants the Crosby coal kit built. I had built it in HO scale and it was not an easy kit to build. I told Gary to bring it along and I would take a look. He gave we a choice of kits and I took home three to consider. One being the Crosby coal. The Lyndonville freight house is going to be the one that I will start with. I may then try Crosby coal if I can see those little parts and give Gary back the third structure for him to give a go. I don't normally take on extra projects but after doing the last N scale remodel for Gary I thought I would give constructing a N scale kit a try.

This is Creative Laser Design's version of their frt. house kit.
Creative Laser Design's Lyndonville fr. house is a very basic kit which is reflected in the low kit price. The instruction sheets are very basic but has a good amount of B&W photos to use for construction. The window and doors are very fine and will look great on the finished model. The bigger frt. doors, roofing and chimney included are another story. They are crude and very basic options. I think I will change out most of these. There is no bracing included which is needed as the platform has warped already. This will be an interesting build and I am looking forward to get started on it soon...George Dutka

The walls are clean cut with tabs on the end. The windows and doors are fine cut two part construction. I am not sure about two part N scale anything.
A look at the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment