Tuesday 24 February 2015

Peter's New Acquisitions

Two new acquisitions to Peter Mumby's boxcar fleet seen yesterday on the WRD. I think I should have taken close-ups of each car as his weathering really turned out well.
Yesterday Peter and I had a short model work day. If you remember from past posts I should be in Florida right now. About 3 hours before we were to leave, or 3am, my mother-in-law had a major heart attack. The last 8-9 days has been spent at the hospital. She is recovering well now for being almost 90.

On his visit Peter brought over his two new boxcars which I photographed on the layout. These two new acquisitions Peter found at the Brantford model train show on Sunday. They are nicely detailed rolling stock that he gave additional weathering to using Tony Koster's one minute Pan Pastel process...Peter actually took his time or about 20 minutes to get it right on both cars. His Pan Pastel weathering process is getting to look great these days...George Dutka

No comments:

Post a Comment