Saturday 2 March 2019

March - Update

A Dave Chalmers photo taken during December 1984. The car is in company service with a regular door added next to the sliding door. This might make a nice model.
I had more to cover in my last update that was going to be a February part two update. But the month was a bit short so here it is in March.

First off here is a link to the final NEB&W last operating session...a lot of nice views.
NEBW Last Run Photos

While going over my blog list I had another blog that I check regularly that should have been included in the last update and added to my blog sidebar. Ted Culotta's Prototype Rail Topics blog is quite interesting to follow. His recent comments regarding the NEB&W brought back memories of my stops when in the area to check out their hobby shop and to pick up some kits, detail parts and decals.
Ted Culotta's Prototype Railroad Topics

Another blog I usually take a look at is Randy Hammill's NH New Britain Station. I have added it also to the sidebar.
Randy's Layout Blog - New Britain Station

I want to thank both Don Janes and Peter Mumby for their support and posts that help fill this blog each week. Last week Peter had two posts while Don sent me one while away in Arizona. A real help...thanks guys.
 
The following photos tell the story of the rest of this update...George Dutka

Peter Mumby recently gave me a NYS&W hopper, a F&C kit. It was built by Bob Bowes and a nice fit to my hopper fleet. I did a bit of weathering to the car body and PanPastel course coal to the load.
There is quite a bit of difference between these two models.
This Don McQueen photo is from the Dave Chalmers collection. It appears Dave and Don exchanged photos at one time. The photo was taken in London, Ont. on November 23, 1986.
This weeks workshop Monday Peter and I began working on our CV boxcar green 40' cars. We have 4 decals between us and Front Range boxcars that will work well. One is a welded seam car while the other is riveted. With a box full of details a couple of Mondays will be needed to complete. Actually some of the cars are 8' door models that we are trimming down the doors to the 7' size. The openings are also 8' but if we leave the door part way open that will save us from filling in the gaps in the sides...more on this as the project moves ahead and disregard the almost empty glasses of beers.




No comments:

Post a Comment