Thursday 21 March 2019

Central Vermont - Hopper

A very short CV stone train heads back to WRJ.
I finally finished my CV hopper last week...it has been on my workbench for months waiting for a decal to be applied. I began the coverage back last fall and have decided to re-running some of the photos as a reminder...George Dutka

The prototype photo that was my inspiration for my model.
Bob Bowes completed model I purchased from his estate. It is nicely built with may add-on details. The  lettering was  easily removed. These are the  raised panel that I used.
This is an Accurail model that Bob added cut levers, stirrups, grabs and brake line piping. It was missing the brake wheel. I added a resin one from my stock but later changed it with a finer looking Kadee version.
The trip pins to the Kadee couplers are trimmed off. The raised paneling needed some cutting and shaping to follow the prototype photo.
The hopper is painted Floquil boxcar red and the lettering is a mix of CV boxcar lettering I cobbled together.
The second CV hopper is a factory painted Accurail model that I weathered up a number of years ago.
Some switching on the WRD at the coal shed on this trip.
My hopper has been weathered using PanPastels and Bragdon powders.

2 comments:

  1. Keep going George. Has usual, nice to see the accomplishment you do every time!

    Marc.

    ReplyDelete