Monday 11 March 2019

WOD Weekend Meet

This portion of the table was models Peter and I brought along to display.  Here we see our finished trailers, Sylvan trucks and a few structures.
The Western Ontario Division of the NFR-NMRA held their first meet of 2019 at Ingersoll on Saturday. I was the speaker of the day with "Things I Use to Make Modelling Easier". The rest of the morning covered WOD updates and the Milwaukee show 2019. Some nice door prizes were drawn...I was lucky this time being the first number drawn. There was a really nice group of models on display that members brought along. It was a nice change of pace this time around with members explaining their models to the group following the WOD update. I hope this becomes a regular part of the meet. Two layouts were opened up for us to visit at this point if we could pull ourselves away from railfanning the area during the afternoon...George Dutka

Wayne Wessner brought along a very nice display of his models which are in HOn3". He is converting to On30" in the near future.
Mike Walker's next project is this CP car. He has the decals, car and photo. I will be interested to see how it turns out.
The group listens to Mike Walker pitch this years Milwaukee Trainfest.
A nicely detailed model by Wayne Wessner.
Peter and I spent our lunch hour chasing trains and checking out rolling stock in the area. We barely had time to get our sandwiches eaten. The OSR had just pulled the transfer and was heading back to the Cami plant. Although it is getting warmer now the snow pile is not going anywhere fast. We caught up with the OSR once again at Cami. It was a nice sunny day...it was hard to drag ourselves back inside.
It has been about 6 months since I last stopped by the CN Ingersoll station. It is now all fenced off and I am thinking it might be down by my next visit.
Peter and I visited the Woodstock Model Railroad Club who opened up for the WOD meet. That is our friend Larry Brinker in the middle. Larry is credited for the nicely painted backdrops throughout the layout.
The Woodstock Model Railroad Club is DCC but one member operates his Presidents Choice train set over the layout using dead rail technology. I am wondering if this will be our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment