Tuesday 6 August 2019

August Update

I purchased the 6 kit package from FOS this summer. I really liked the looks of all the offerings. I am starting on kit 6 first, the REA freight house.
The beginning of August I became boat-less. I sold my boat. Last fall I mentioned I was thinking of selling my boat next year. I had three people come up to me wanting to purchase it. One worked where I got half the season in before changing hands. It is not that I don't want to boat anymore, I just don't want to own a boat. I find it harder each year to prep for the season and to winterize in the fall. Not my favourite choices of activities. So new things ahead, I hope. Will there be more time for modeling in the summer, not really as I like to spend as much time outdoors in the good weather...George Dutka

New power for the WRD...more on this unit shortly.
The FOS kit of the month is underway in this photo. The roof was kind of an interesting build, it all folded together and with a bit of glue looks really good.
Don Janes gave me a few tanks a couple of years ago. I finally finished the last one. There was some missing parts and a few locations that I painted patchwork.
The local at Sheldon, Vt. heading to Richford on June 1976, Ken Patton photo. Ken has been posting a number of his CV photos recently. He mentioned not being to Vermont in decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment