Monday 12 October 2020

Happy Thanksgiving

My workbench last winter when I was assembling a FOS free kit. I will cover this one shortly.

If you live in Canada as I do, Happy Thanksgiving. This is a this and that of what I have learned or done...as one can see not to productive yet. I have yet to get much modeling started. The Bellows Falls yard is dusted, cars added and track cleaned, so part of the layout is ready to go. I also accomplished a small weathering job for my friend Gary Crowther of a Menard's model. Was nice to get a close view of an offering from Menard's. I have two FOS kits of the month ready to work on that will fit into my Bellows Falls scene. My photos tell the rest of what's up...George Dutka

Tichy sent out an e-mail of additions to their decal line. This CV one will come in handy for car lettering such as a couple of CV hoppers that are about ready for lettering and numbering.

I had not realized that Milton Co-op creamery in Vermont had their own leased milk cars. I think this is a car I might build this winter. I have an undercoated model which I got from Don.

Here is a view of Ken Karlewicz and his great New England Oct. 2020 Railfan article. If you get to see Ken give a clinic you won't be dissapointed. He regularly attends the NERPM.

Although this sign is a bit out of focus it could work for a station sign.

FOS has a new feature kit which included this nice block building. I wish manufactures would offer more block buildings.




On my spring run up to Palmerston I came across this garage with a motorcycle mounted above the door. It might have been a shop at one time. Something to add to a building maybe.

 
My friend Gary Pembleton took down his N scale layout last winter. He was not planning at rebuilding it and offered the structures that I built for him to me, thanks Gary. Here is the view of the box of structures. I plan to build a second N scale diorama that will connect with the ones Peter and I built at some point...maybe I will get started this winter.

This past spring Trains offered this interesting special issue for the 1940's. The article that caught my attention was a Phil Hasting feature on the St. J.


Here we see a Menard's structure that I weathered a bit for Gary Crowther. The shingles got some highlights while the signs are rusted up. It is a wooden assembled kit with many plastic parts.

On the flat roof the metal seams are rusted up, some pigeons are added and some patches and boards.

3 comments:

  1. Nice, wide-ranging post! Like Ken's work as well!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about the lack of concrete block buildings available.

    Jim @ JSSX

    ReplyDelete